Monday, April 27, 2015

Dragunov handloads

I started loading for dragunov. I bought some .311 bullets for test, there are no many choices in .311 caliber. Amercan bullets are actally for .303 british caliber and there are no loading data for them in 7,62x54R.

I managet to get these bullets for testing:

Sako 123gr FMJ for 7.62x39,
Lapua 200gr FMJBT( too heavy for dragunov)
Sierra Pro Hunter 125gr
Sierra HPBT 174gr
Hornady 150 SP

In finland there are not extra hard primers like CCI no. 34, so I have to manualy load each round. I have also planned to reload chinese surplus ammo to get it savefully work in semi-auto.

First load:

Hornady 150gr SP
COAL: 73mm
Case: Sako
Primer: vihtavuori (old)
Powder: N135 45gr & 46gr



So I started shooting handloads one by one and got nice results. Best 5-shot group was 1 moa. There was problem with vihtavuori primers, dragunovs strikes primers so hard that few soft vihtavuori primers get piersed. I have to chance vihtavuori to CCI 200 and see how it goes.

More tests and photos are coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment