Sunday, February 8, 2015

SVD range report

I ordered some russian ammo for my dragunov. There is a major slam fire potential with free floating firing pin so I decided to keep firing russian ammo for now. There is one kaboom with dragunov in Finland last year, if I remember currectly it was with S&B ammo. There were no serious injurys to shooter.



I managet to get three different ammo with hard russian primers. Wolf 148gr fmj, Barnaul 174gr and PPU Leader 148gr.


Wolf


Steel case and unknow bullet. I have shot 60 shots with this. There sometimes seems to be little deley when firing, like 0,2 second or so. You only are able to tell it after the shot. Wolf often performs good, about 2,0 - 1,5 MOA but sometimes I got some huge fliers. the worst ones goes 15cm off the target, I do not know why. Best 5-shot group was 55mm at 100m and four of them was under 25mm.












Barnaul

I had high hopes for this one. I shoot barnaul a lot in 9 mm, its cheap and works well. Steel case with same green lacquer than the 9mm. Bullet is a heavy 174 gr so light rifle kicks a bit more. I have shot four five-shot groups and I was deppressed. The avarage group size was about 100mm.







 

PPU Leader

This ammo is little strange. I can not find any precise info about this, only that is surplus ammo with 148gr bullet. 200 pieces of ammo is stored in cardpoard box and there are some foreign language, mayby chech? Visually I see there are at least four differents types of cases, different numbers and case colors. Anyway I shot two 5-shot groups before dark and was amazed! First shot go little left, but the rest go about 5cm goup. Not bad for cheap surplus. This ammo needs more testing. Obviously I have to organice the different types of shells order to get more accuracy of this ammo.

Different type of shells in PPU Leader



No comments:

Post a Comment