Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Remington 700 + grs stock

I have had a Remington 700 Police for five years now. The original HS stock does not fit me like a glove so I wanted something with an adjustaple ceekwell and lenght. Stock markets in Finland are narrow, but norwegian GRS stock were awailable and desing of sporter/varmint was intresting so I go with that. Stock weight is only 1,3kg.




Same time I wanted to changes box magazine to AICS type changeable magazine. I bought an Alutek triggerguard that accepts AICS magazines. Its a lot stonger and bigger than the original trigerguard, so it is not a drop in installation.
Alutek triggerguard and steel bedding pillars

I noticed that grs stock needed a bedding job. My friend milled me two pedding pillar from steel. They werent adjustible like the ones in gunshops so I cut them exacly the same lenght as in the HS stock.




I used Acraglass bedding gel. It has a nice working time also its easy to mix and spread. Before bedding I used electric tape to center the barrel and to make room for recoil lug. Then I waxed all steel parts so the recerver wont stick in the stock. There are lots of videos in youtube of pillar pedding.




Final result was success. Actoin works perfectly and now I have light and ergonomic rifle with AICS magazines.





8 shots at 100m. Lapua Trainer





1 comment: