Wednesday, April 6, 2016

A new action cam and preparing for Baltic Storm with Sphinx 3000!

I have been so busy in my work so I haven't updated my blog for a while. I have practiced gun draw and keeping a touch in good trigger control even if it is cold in the range. Fortunately spring is coming and its time to come out from the gun closet! (probably not funny in english...)

As same as last year I don't have a EU permit to take my trusted Cz SP-01 to other country, so I'm taking Sphinx 3000 from a friend to the match. I picked it up couple weeks ago. First I had to modify my holster for sphinx. Even it is a copy of CZ 75, the trigger guard has different shape and the slide is a bit wider. I liked sphinx a lot! Its fits my hand better than cz and the trigger is so sweet. When I fired it a first time in double action it actually felt like it was accident.

Now when its getting worm and you can actually see something in evenings is more pleasant to go shooting. I thought about my videoclips what I have taken with counts action cam, it would be nice to follow my progress(hah..) more with videos and it would be nice to some day watch old footage. I noticed that Sony's as200 action cam with live view was on sale so I bought that. (actually it was't so simple, before decision to buy new camera contained 50h of a youtube reviews). New head cams are so good that you can use it as a normal videocamera, without a zoom of course.


I made my girlfriend to film me when I shot with Sphinx. The video above quality is 720p and 120 fps. It is slowed down to 4x. You can actually do 240 fps with this camera but it is only 480p an its requires a lots of light. I did also bought go pro inverter and go pro helmet mount and but the camera in left earmuff. Whit sony's steadyshot on it is quit nice, but the best part is sony's microphones. You can actually talk and shoot without any problem. Some camcorders cuts the audio off fore some time after a rifle/pistol/shotgun shot. I had an idea to start making shotVlogs :) Next video is filmed in 1080p and 60fps, steadyshot and wind cut on. If some one non-finnish is wondering, I tried first shots in the snow to determine were the sights adjusted right.



No comments:

Post a Comment