Tuesday, January 5, 2016

First attempt for a long range

My first over 300m shootings were  in a cold weather, -8 degrees Celsius and a little blustering wind. First distance was 320 meters according to my zeiss rangefinder( a Christmas present for my self, maybe I going to do a review of it some day). I shot prone with my remington 700 police with 20'' barrel with suppressor and Dragunov.



In 320 meters my Remigton 700 was easy to hit 200mm plate and head of practical target. One hit on the 100mm plate swing it over the beam twice! So maybe the 100mm plate is to lite for 308win. With Norma jakhtmact 9,7g fmj I had to adjust my scope 1,9Mrad to hit center. That was more than I expected, probably because of the cold weather. And Dragunov with leader surplus ammo hits easily 200mm plate with 350m sight adjustment.

Elevation adjustment for 320m

Remington 700, with norma 9,7 fmj = 1,9 Mrad
Dragunov, with leader surplus = 350m



At 489m thing got very difficult. Blustering wind starts to interfere in shooting. 200m plate was very difficult to hit, one out of five shot hit the target. But with practical target hit ratio was nearly 90%. And it was surprise for me how easy it is to hit target with dragunov! Only 4x scope in that thing! Of course first my friend looked with Remington's 18x zooming scope where I was hitting with dragunov so I know were to hold.

Elevation adjustment for 489m

Remington700, with Norma 9,7 fmj = 4,7Mrad
Dragunov, with leader surplus = 600m

No wind adjustment needed, if you shot in a wind bluster you did not hit the target.

Dragunov's 4x scope at 489m, camera did,n pick up the targets but with bare eye you can see the biggest target.

No comments:

Post a Comment