Sunday, January 4, 2015

Remington 700 police handloads part 1

After I taked part in beertrophy match I wanted to improve long range accuracy with my remington. I have owned remington for few years and shot some handloads with it. However my reloading diarys are gone and I had to started it again in excel.

I remembered that Sierra Match 168gr gave some resorts with vihtavuori N150 and I had primed lapua cells in the storage so I started with that.

First load:

Load number: 1
Case: Lapua
Primer: unknow
Powder: N150 43gr
Bullet: Sierra Match 168gr
Loading length: 73mm

Load number: 2
Case: Lapua
Primer: unknow
Powder: N150 43,5gr
Bullet: Sierra Match 168gr
Loading length: 73mm


I reloaded 20 rounds each load and headed to the 300 meter range. This time shooting conditions were quite difficult. It was snowing and there were about 5 km/h wind in 45 degrees of angel. I was shooting prone with dipod and large sandbag in rear.

Here is my 10 round groupings:

Load number 1: 90mm x 140mm and 120x150

Load number 2: 70x150 (one flyer) and 90x110

For the record, I have some problems shooting prone with dipods. The gun powerfully "jumps" left when recoiling. Load number 2 gives more stable goupings, so I will try 44gr load also.

10 shots at 300m 70mm hight and 150mm wide





1 comment:

  1. We carry a wide selection of ammunition and firearms ready to be ship at your door-step. Save more money when buying with us and find the appropriate bullet for your gun and shoot more.

    Ammunition 500 rounds

    Email: eliteammoarsernal@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete